It’s the 8th of May and we had a terrible storm last night. It reminded me that God is just, and his wrath is something I never want to see. So let’s take a look at Proverbs 8 and see what we find that will help us glorify God more.
First of all, we don’t have to earn the right to be wise. It’s free for the taking! It’s wonderful to know that I have access to wisdom any time as long as I ask for it.
Verse one “Does not wisdom call? Does not understanding raise her voice?”
Verse 5 “O simple ones, learn prudence; O fools, learn sense.”
Wisdom is asking us to let her teach us, we don’t have to beg her! OK, here is my Wise Dealings list for today from chapter 8:
- The simple [innocent, not foolish, but not wise either] need to learn prudence
- Wisdom is noble
- Wisdom is always truthful
- Wisdom is better than jewels
- Wisdom, prudence, knowledge, and discretion all go together
- If I fear the Lord, I will hate evil
- Those who rule justly rule by wisdom
- Those who keep wisdom’s way will be blessed
- Wisdom means life and favor from the Lord
- Those who hate wisdom love death
I think I want wisdom. I’m going to ask God to help me become wise!