Day three, I like this study! I tried to remember to treasure up what my parents told me yesterday and it did come to mind many times!
OK, here’s what I think Proverbs three is about. Wow, chapter three is long!
Solomon is telling his son many things to do and not to do, here are some of them, maybe I’ll merge this list with my Wise Dealings list today,
- Do not forget your parents teaching (of course only follow it if it’s righteous teaching)
- Keep steadfast love and faithfulness, and you will have favor with God & man
- I like this verse so much I’m just going to copy it here for you.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
(Proverbs 3:5‑6 ESV)
- Do not be wise in your own eyes, I have lots of trouble with that one!
- Fear the Lord, turn away from evil
- Honor the Lord with your wealth, then He will bless you
- Keep sound (right) wisdom and discretion (good sense)
- Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due! That’s a good one!
- Do not plan evil against your neighbor
- Do not contend with a man for no reason
- Be wise, they will inherit honor
Wow! That was quite the list! I could have found more too, lots more! But, I need to go soon so I’ll end my journaling for today.
The instruction I’m going to take with me today is, “Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due.”